Mobile Occupational Therapy
Helping your clients to live their best lives with our mobile Occupational Therapy service.
Schedule a consultation today!
Our mobile Occupational Therapists come to them
Working with clients to make it possible for them to do the things they need and want to do to live a meaningful life. We help them to gain or regain their independence.
Mobile Occupational TherapISTS
What is Occupational Therapy?
Our team of mobile Occupational Therapists are focused on enabling our clients to live their best lives. We provide practical solutions and therapy to support our clients to participate in ‘daily occupations’, such as self-care, accessing the community, preparing a meal, and generally being able to participate and enjoy their lives in a way that is meaningful to them.
Our OTs regularly undertake further courses to enhance and develop an ever expanding skill set best suited to aid our clients to achieve their goals in the comfort of their own home.
Mobile Occupational Therapy Services
Mobile Occupational Therapy (OT) vs OT in a Clinic
Benefits of Occupational Therapy
Own body is here for you
How can we help?
What conditions do we treat?
Own Body Occupational Therapy can offer a wide range of services to adults aged 18 years and over:
- Mental Health or Paediatric interventions
- Young adults with complex disabilities who previously had Paediatric intervention
- OT Driving Assessment and/or vehicle modification assessments
- NDIS referrals
Mobile Occupational Therapy
What to expect from the first appointment
Our clinicians will sit down with you to understand you, you, your challenges, your goals and requirements. We will ask about your current and past injuries, medical conditions, goals and personal experience that is relevant to helping or hindering you from achieving your goals. We will address your questions and concerns and focus on what is most important to you in the first session. In most cases, your therapist will commence treatment and leave you with some simple written advice or exercises to undertake before your next appointment and commence working on reports or equipment requests as required.
Occupational Therapy FAQs
To enable our clients to live their best lives. We think outside the box and provide practical solutions and therapy to support our clients to participate in the ‘everyday occupations’ of their lives.
Great question! There can be a lot of cross-over, and we work collaboratively with our physiotherapy colleagues. OTs focus more on removing barriers to participation in our clients’ daily activities (improving their ability to complete tasks or increasing accessibility by modifying an activity or environment or recommending equipment that can help).
Physiotherapists broadly help our clients increase their ability to perform these tasks by helping their clients increase their strength, movement, endurance, and balance or prescribing mobility equipment such as walking sticks.
Our Occupational Therapists provide
- Functional assessment of occupational performance/daily activities
- Home assessment and advice to improve safety or access
- Equipment Prescription and review
- Assistive Technology prescription
- Minor home modifications, e.g. rail installation, wedge ramps, platform steps
- Therapy/Occupation based retraining (including upper limb therapy, life skills training, community access)
- NDIS Access Request Form report writing
- Adult neurological rehabilitation
- SWEP applications
- Carer education or training
OTs offer a broad range of services to support you in your daily lives. Some activities they may be able to help you achieve or access with greater ease include:
- Personal care activities such as showering, dressing and toileting
- Provision of education on a range of areas such as falls risk reduction, managing your pain in daily occupations
- Assessment of your thinking and memory and providing strategies to assist in these areas
- Return to work or volunteer activities
- Accessing the community via public transport or by using assistive technology
- Participating in social and leisure activities
Mobile Occupational Therapy that meets our clients where they’re at
Our experienced OTs will come to your client’s home, work or other suitable location to deliver their treatment.
Our team will come to them whether they’re in
Call us on (03) 9696 2639 or enquire online to arrange support for your client’s allied health care needs.