Are you an experienced physiotherapist with a passion for exercise based rehabilitation?
As the population ages and more people remain living in their own homes, we want to provide the choice for clients to continue their recovery in the comfort and convenience of their own environment, with their loved ones.
Own Body is currently operating in Melbourne, Tasmania, Adelaide and Brisbane/Gold Coast and expanding our network of physiotherapists around Australia. We’re a fast growing company with plenty of opportunity for career development and opportunities to make an impact. With part-time and casual positions available to suit your needs, we offer competitive rates, professional support and encourage a collaborative approach to the ongoing development of Own Body.
Own Body is a mobile physiotherapy company offering home based rehabilitation. We pride ourselves in assisting clients achieve their own body’s potential, in their own space. Learn more about Core Values here.
Our management and amazing administration team do everything we can to minimise the bureaucracy and paperwork to enable our physios to do what they love: be great clinicians and spend their time connecting with our clients.
We empower each other to provide outstanding service to our clients and we are proud to achieve an average of 9/10 or above every month in client feedback. These results and the passion we put into our work has meant our business and quality service are in demand by clients are referrers alike.
Our client base is varied, with the majority of patients requiring post acute, surgical, pre/post natal, neurological, cardio-respiratory and rehabilitation therapy. Therapists are not encouraged to take on clients beyond reasonable travel distance nor outside of their skill set.
What we LOVE about our team
- We regularly receive calls from clients conveying gratitude for their professionalism, personable natures and their assistance getting their bodies back to health
- They set realistic expectations and have excellent clinical skills
- They make their clients their priority; they’re flexible when needed
- We can rely on every one to complete administrative tasks (correspondence, follow up, appointment scheduling) efficiently and proficiently
- They support our colleagues professionally and work collaboratively with our whole team
- They represent our Core Values
There are a number of flexible positions available, both part time and casual, offering between 5-30 hours per week. Positions can be ideal for physiotherapists with other commitments, including those on maternity or study leave, around school/kinder drops offs or between other part time work. Appointments are arranged to suit each therapist’s schedule.
The successful candidates will have strong interpersonal skills and the the ability to work autonomously treating patients in their homes without supervision is essential. Our Core Values are very important to our business: only candidates who demonstrate these in their personal and professional behaviour will be considered.
All therapists are fully supported and maintain regular communications with head office before and after each appointment.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy or higher and a minimum of 2 years experience
- Applicants must possess or be willing to obtain a current Police Check, Level 2 First Aid, Physiotherapy Registration with AHPRA (no interim certificates please) and professional indemnity insurance
- Own car and a valid licence
Due to the independent and unsupervised nature of the position, no New Graduate applicants please.
Working with Own Body will see you become part of a collaborative group of passionate, dedicated and thoughtful physiotherapists. If you would like to join Own Body’s team of mobile physiotherapists please forward your CV and cover letter to Fiona White – Director and Principal Physiotherapist email@example.com